- Business Services
- Curriculum and Assessment
- Food Services
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Student Services
- Governing Board
- 2020-2021 Agenda/Minutes
- 2019-2020 Agendas/Minutes
- 2018-2019 Agendas/Minutes
- 2017-2018 Agendas/Minutes
- 2016-2017 Agendas/Minutes
- 2015-2016 Agendas/Minutes
- 2014-2015 Agendas/Minutes
- 2013-2014 Agendas/Minutes
- 2012-2013 Agendas/Minutes
- 2011-2012 Agendas/Minutes
- 2010-2011 Agendas/Minutes
- 2009-2010 Agendas/Minutes
- Board Documents
- Board Meeting Dates and Times
- Staff Resources
The Student Services staff handles all matters relating to the attendance of our students:
- monitors the computerized attendance accounting network at our schools
- provides an information system on attendance, enrollment and class size for use by other departments and authorized agencies
- files all necessary attendance and enrollment reports with the State of California, which generates a source of income for the district
- audits school attendance accounting procedures to assure compliance with the California Education Code
School attendance is required for all children ages 6 through 18.
State law states that absences are excused only if the student is ill or there is a death in the immediate family (1-3 day limit). All other absences are unexcused. Any tardy over 30 minutes, except for medical reasons, is also unexcused. A student who has three unexcused absences and/or tardies will be considered truant. After four more unexcused absences or tardies, parents could be required to appear before a judge and pay a fine.
Many parents are unaware that going "out of town" with their children during school is an unexcused absence, as are "family emergencies." In both cases, planning ahead can avoid unexcused absences and possible prosecution by the District Attorney's Office. Some parents think that simply saying the student is ill will solve the problem.
It is our hope that parents will make school a number-one priority in the family. We encourage parents to make carpooling arrangements, plan trips during school holidays and vacations, and have a back-up person available to take students to school if they are ill or otherwise unable to do so.
We at Wheatland School District work very hard to ensure that our students receive the best education possible. We cannot do that if our students are not in school -- on time, every day, when healthy. Please help us to provide our students with the outstanding education they deserve.
For a more detailed discussion of attendance requirements and policies, please see the Parent Handbook.
- If you live in the Wheatland School District area, you may request an Interdistrict Transfer for your child to attend school in another school district; or
- If you live outside the Wheatland School District area, you may request an Interdistrict Transfer for your child to attend school in the Wheatland School District.
Interdistrict Transfer must be approved by both the student's original district of residence and the district to which the student seeks to transfer to. Both districts must approve the agreement before it becomes valid. The agreement may extend for a maximum of five consecutive years and may include terms or conditions. It is within the authority of either the home district or the receiving district to revoke an Interdistrict Transfer at any time for any reason the local board or district superintendent deems appropriate.
If a request for an Interdistrict Transfer is denied, the student's parents or guardians may file an appeal to the county office of education in the student's district of residence within 30 days of receipt of the official notice of denial of the transfer.
Interdistrict Transfers must be applied for each year.
Permission to attend a school other than the school of residence must be on written request of the parent or guardian. A request must also be made when a student moves out of a school's attendance area but wishes to remain in the school in which he/she is enrolled.
This Intradistrict Transfer request must be made each school year.